- Last Updated on Thursday, 16 April 2015 19:32
Telehealth Intervention Programs for Seniors (TIPS)
Learn about the county’s groundbreaking and innovative Telehealth Intervention Programs for Seniors (TIPS), which will improve the health of many older adults and save taxpayer money at the same time.
Salute to Seniors 2015
Want to be part of the Business Expo? Businesses and non-profit organizations can still sign up to take part in the 47th Annual Salute to Seniors on May 6 at the County Center in White Plains. Vendors - register now.
- County Executive Robert P. Astorino congratulates Mary Beth Quaranta Morrissey, the new chairperson of the Westchester Public/Private Partnership for Aging Services.
- County Executive Astorino encourages enrollment in Project Lifesaver, which quickly locates seniors with dementia who wander away and returns them safely home. Learn more about the program.
- Learn about our new Livable Communities Collaboratives for Aging Services. Perhaps you or your agency, organization or business would like to become part of this exciting initiative.
- The Westchester Alliance led a Think Tank of nine students from six local colleges and universities to brainstorm for ways to improve mobility for older adults and home care workers in northeast Westchester County. “Driving for Solutions” is the report of the Think Tank’s findings.
- In conjunction with its Livable Communities initiative, the county is conducting a survey of residents age 60 and older to learn if their income can cover basic expenses without public or private subsidies. Read more about our Elder Economic Survey, then complete the survey online. Print the flier.
- Don’t miss the latest issue of Nutrition News for Seniors and catch up on earlier issues for tips on proper exercise and sensible eating.
- Our award-winning program “Livable Communities Initiative: A Vision for All Ages – Bringing People and Places Together” aims to help seniors remain in their homes as they grow older with independence, dignity and civic engagement. Read the latest “It Takes a Village” quarterly.
- Need a speaker for you group’s next meeting? Check out the Livable Communities Speakers Bureau.
- Check out NY Connects to learn about long-term care options in Westchester.